DIY projects are generally a fun activity as you are doing each and everything related to the project on your own, so you feel to you have a personal touch as well. There are a lot of options in which you can try your DIY skills. Today we will try to make jam jar garden. To create this project you will require following tools and material.
- Wooden Boards
- Wall Adhesive
- Cable Staples
- Hose clamps
- Wide mouth mason jar
- Activated horticultural charcoal
- Potting soil
When you have all the above mentioned material available with you, then you should start your project.
- First of all you should try to use reclaimed wood to make a base for the wall.
- Next step is to add the hose clamp to wooden board. You should measure the length of board so to know that how many mason jars and hose clamps should be used.
- Now you should place the board against the wall to access its exact position where the board should be placed. If you are looking to grow herbs that require a lot of light, then it should be placed close to window.
- Once you have decided the place for board, you need to add wall adhesive to fix the board on its intended position.
- In next step you can use screws to secure the board further.
- 1” of stones should be placed in jars. They can serve as drainage holes.
- After placing the stones, you should add ½” of charcoal as it will be able to balance the pH in soil and also helps in drainage.
- When you are done with this all, now you just need to add soil and plants to your jam jar garden and secure them in hose clamps. Make sure that the hose clamp is properly tight and not lose.